- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society
MAY 20th; 6pm
MAY 22nd; Time & Location TBD
- Prune Flowering trees if flowers are gone.
- Twist off long Pine candles-remove only the strong growth.
- * It is strongly advised to get advanced training/reading of this procedure.
- Keep pinching back new growth. Hint - Allow 3 leaves or 3 pair of leaves to emerge from bud; pinch back to 1 leaf or 1 pair.
Our Picnic/Auction held on 13 AUG 2016,
Koi & Bonsai Show held at the Idaho Botanical Garden on 27 AUG 2016,
Boise Flower and Garden Show Bonsai Display, 24-26 MAR 2017, and
Potting Demo, 15 FEB 2018.
Peruse all our photos on our 'Galleries' Page.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All