- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society!
FEB 20th; 6pm
Location: Farwest Nursery
FEB 22nd; 10:00 am
Bring any project you'd like help repotting! Location: Private Home. Please refer to distroed email or private Facebook Page for address, or contact leadership.
- Check on winter beds at least monthly and moisten (early in day) if too dry.
- Spray with dormant spray (Neem Oil).
- Read & educate yourself from articles, books, literature, videos, etc.
- Plan your repotting schedule, to being in spring.
- Remove excess moss in winter (harbors insects and disease).
Our Picnic/Auction held on 13 AUG 2016,
Koi & Bonsai Show held at the Idaho Botanical Garden on 27 AUG 2016,
Boise Flower and Garden Show Bonsai Display, 24-26 MAR 2017, and
Potting Demo, 15 FEB 2018.
Peruse all our photos on our 'Galleries' Page.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All