- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society!
* Calendar Update: Please note that October's monthly meeting has been canceled. Next meeting will be 17 November. Please see the 'Calendar' Page for more details.
* This year marks the 20th Anniversary of the Boise Bonsai Society! The BBS was started in 1995 with 11 original members, becoming official with elected officers in 1996, with 'Bonsai Bob' Legget as Sensei.
22 OCT; 6-8pm
Location: Farwest Nursery
17 NOV; 5:30-8pm
Location: to be announced to members only
- Plant root-over-rock styles now.
- Make the last application of fertilizer that contains nitrogen.
- Start restricting water on deciduous trees for more fall color.
- Excellent time to collect trees from the wild.
- Watch for insects.
- Start preparing for winter storage; mark which trees you will need to repot in spring.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All