- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society!
19 OCT; 6pm
Location: Farwest Nursery
16 NOV; 6pm
Location: Smoky Mountain Pizza on Park Center Blvd
- Water often and deeply.
- Fertilize with 5-10-10 or 0-10-10.
- Scrub trunks of elm, birch, and zelkova with diluted lime sulfur to remove fungus or mold.
- Protect trees from afternoon sun.
- Prune to avoid dieback; thin to allow sunlight inside foliage.
- Cit pine needles in half to promote secondary budding.
Our Picnic/Auction held on 13 AUG 2016,
Koi & Bonsai Show held at the Idaho Botanical Garden on 27 AUG 2016, and
Boise Flower and Garden Show Bonsai Display, 24-26 MAR 2017.
See our most recent pictures from the 2017 Idaho Botanical Garden Display as well, available on our 'Galleries' Page.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All