- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society!
6 DEC; 6-8pm
Location: 36th Street Bistro
- Don't re-pot any outdoor trees.
- Prune fall-blooming bonsai.
- Wire any deciduous, junipers, pines for spring.
- Remove excess moss in winter (harbors insects and disease).
- Water only if dry, and only in early day (to avoid freezing).
- Clean pots of mineral residues.
- Apply lime sulfur to your deciduous trees, before bedding down. More...
Our Picnic/Auction held on 13 AUG 2016,
Koi & Bonsai Show held at the Idaho Botanical Garden on 27 AUG 2016, and
Boise Flower and Garden Show Bonsai Display, 24-26 MAR 2017.
See our most recent pictures from the 2017 Idaho Botanical Garden Display as well, available on our 'Galleries' Page.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All