- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society!
8 DEC; 6-8pm
Location: Chili's on Franklin (by the Mall)
- Water only as needed.
- Check branch wire for tightness and remove if needed.
- Only fertilize with 0-10-10 until put into winter storage.
- Make first application of lime sulfur. Do not let the lime sulfur get on the soil. Protect soil with a cover over the base of the tree.
- Move trees to winter storage.
- Do not wire, fertilize, transplant, or prune.
* New Links: "2016 Annual Holiday Dinner" gallery added to the Gallaries page, with 2 pics of our 20th anniversary cake and two of our wonderful leaders. "Winter Bed" document added to the Care page, under 'Downloads' (provides an example of how to winter-over your trees without a greenhouse). "The 'Rules' of Bonsai" link added to the Care page, under 'Links' (reviewed in our September meeting). "Nursery Tree Wholesalers" link added to the 'Bonsai Dealers' list on the Resources page.
* New Page Added: Historical Calendar of Events added as a historical reference of past events.
* This year marked the 20th Anniversary of the Boise Bonsai Society! The BBS was started in 1995 with 11 original members, becoming official with elected officers in 1996, with 'Bonsai Bob' Legget as Sensei.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All