- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society!
12 AUG; 2pm
Location: Member's backyard
(contact leadership for directions)
26 AUG; 8:30am move-in
Location: Idaho Botanical Garden (IBG)
- Watch for signs of heat stress. Move Maples to shade.
- Fertilizing: Water trees first, then fertilize, in morning or evening.
- Begin transitioning to a 5-10-10 or 0-10-10 fertilizer.
- Prune flowering trees for shape. Try not to remove inner branches as these will flower next spring.
- Pinch and prune maples.
Our last Picnic/Auction held on 13 AUG 2016,
Koi & Bonsai Show held at the Idaho Botanical Garden on 27 AUG 2016, and
Boise Flower and Garden Show Bonsai Display, 24-26 MAR 2017.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All