- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society!
20 JUL; 6pm
Location: Farwest Nursery
19 AUG; 6pm
Location: Member's backyard
- Style and do your jin and shari now.
- Select second growth candles on pines you wish to keep and remove all others.
- Pinch back growth on conifers.
- Defoliate Maples.
- Prune rhododendrons and azaleas or any spring-blooming trees.
- Pinch back oaks.
- Do not water during hot part of day.
Our last Picnic/Auction held on 13 AUG 2016,
Koi & Bonsai Show held at the Idaho Botanical Garden on 27 AUG 2016, and
Boise Flower and Garden Show Bonsai Display, 24-26 MAR 2017.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All