- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society!
SEP 17th; 6pm
Location: Farwest Nursery
SEP 19th; Time TBD
- This is the time to wire!
- Plant Root-Over-Rock styles now.
- Apply last application of fertilizer containing nitrogen for the year.
- Start restricting water on deciduous trees for more Fall color.
- Excellent time for collecting.
- Watch for insects.
- Start preparing for winter-storage, and document which trees you will need to repot in Spring.
Our Picnic/Auction held on 13 AUG 2016,
Koi & Bonsai Show held at the Idaho Botanical Garden on 27 AUG 2016,
Boise Flower and Garden Show Bonsai Display, 24-26 MAR 2017, and
Potting Demo, 15 FEB 2018.
Peruse all our photos on our 'Galleries' Page.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All