- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society
MAR 18th; 6pm
MAR 20th; Time & Meet-up Location TBD
- Caution: Keep your trees in a protected environment, if working early in the season.
- Bring your trees out of winter ground protection as temps increase, being careful of freezing temps.
- Potting: This is the time to trim roots, pot, or repot trees (do not fertilize newly potted trees for 4-6 weeks).
- Pruning: Prune all deciduous trees. Prune flowering trees after they bloom.
Our Picnic/Auction held on 13 AUG 2016,
Koi & Bonsai Show held at the Idaho Botanical Garden on 27 AUG 2016,
Boise Flower and Garden Show Bonsai Display, 24-26 MAR 2017, and
Potting Demo, 15 FEB 2018.
Peruse all our photos on our 'Galleries' Page.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All